Saturday, June 27, 2015

How to Apply Rhetoric for College Level Courses?

I have taken Engl 1101 last year, and I heard about Rhetoric, but I don't think I have used rhetoric knowingly. I looked in the internet and found some stuff, but I was confuse about it. This week we had reading for rhetoric, and that helped a lot to understand the terms. I have also did some digging in the internet, and found that it is very important. I think by the end of the class, I will be able to figure it out all these different terms:pathos, ethos, and logos. Pathos is related to emotions of the person who is reading the essay. Ethos is related to the trust of the writer. And logos is related to the logic that author used in the essay. I think they are all equally important on writing. When it comes to college essay, I think rhetoric is most. When I write an essay, I have to use all these part of rhetoric. I have to catch the emotion, values of the readers. I have to make them comfortable so I could get their attention. I have to build a trust with them, I have to make sure they can trust me on this matter. Anyone can write four pages of essay, but it has to be logical. The essay should provide some logical supports, it has to give the reason on that topic. I hope I will be able to dig more into rhetoric, and hopefully I will be able to write some good papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment