Saturday, June 13, 2015

Laila and the Wolf


I love listening to stories. I specially love stories about Angels, ferries, and supernatural creatures. When I was a kid, my grandmother used to tell me this story. This story is very famous in Arab countries. The story is about the small and very beautiful girl Laila. Laila used to live with her mother in the village. One day her mother asked her to take some food to her grandmother who used to live in the middle of the forest. Laila had a very pretty voice, and she loved singing. On her way to grandmother's house, she met a wolf. Wolf was asking her many questions, what is your name? Where are you going?, but she did not talk that much, and just said, I am going to meet my grandmother. Wolf was very curious to know what was in the basket that Laila was carrying. Laila said nothing special in the basket, just some food for her grandmother. Wolf went to the grandmother's house before Laila, and he made the same voice as Laila and entered the house. Wolf swallowed grandmother and put on her clothes. Later, Laila came to the grandmother's house, and she found out that she was not her grandmother, but instead a wolf. She ran away and found a hunter. Hunter killed the wolf and saved her grandmother.

I have heard this story more than 100 times when I was a kid, but I loved it every single time. I loved the way my grandmother used to tell the story with expressions. This story is very meaningful to me because I don't have my grandmother anymore with me, but I still have her memories. She used to tell me to be strong. She used to tell me that I have to be strong like Laila because Laila was not scared of wolf, and she rescued her grandmother. As long as I remember my grandmother, I remember this story too.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, thank you very much for typing that story in here. I do storytelling for teenagers who escaped to germany. Your story reminds me a lot of little red riding hood.

    ReplyDelete